TPL_BEEZ3_SEARCH

History

Tensiofix’s industrial roots date back to 1950 when SBA (Société Belge de l’Azote) and PCM (Produits Chimiques du Marly) decided to jointly create a new company, Tensia, in the field of Surface Active Agent. The Liège site focused on production & development of anionic surfactants while the Tertre site (Carbochimique SA) focused on non-ionic surfactants.

1956

The Agrochemical surfactant business is growing fast and the Tensiofix Brand is created within Tensia. R&D and production are located on the Tertre site and sales operated from Liège.

1980

Tensia is bought by British Petroleum (excluding the non-ionic activity at the Carbochimique in Tertre), the Tensiofix R&D and production are moved from Tertre to a Tensia plant in the South-West of Brussels.

1985

British Petroleum decided to concentrate on the detergent activity; the Tensiofix product line is acquired by Carbochimique (Part of Gechem group).

1987

For strategic reasons the Tensiofix activities are moved from Carbochimique to OmniChem, both within the Gechem group. R&D and commercial operations are relocated to OmniChem’s Headquarter in Louvain-la-Neuve. Main production is moved to the Balen plant. At the same time, the agrochemical toll formulation of Gechem are also transferred to OmniChem.

1989

Following the reorganisation of the chemical activities of Gechem, OmniChem is acquired by the Japanese group Ajinomoto Co. Inc.

2000

The agrochemical toll formulation plant is dismantled while the formulation know-how is kept with focus on formulation development for external formulators.

2004

Further to some reorganisation within the Ajinomoto group and incorporation of Ajinomoto’s AminoScience Division into OmniChem, a new company name was created : S.A. Ajinomoto OmniChem N.V.